Who We Are
We are Wiki-profiles.com, and our website can be found at https://wiki-profiles.com.
When visitors leave comments on our website, we collect the information provided in the comments form, as well as the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string. This helps us detect and prevent spam.
If you upload images to our website, please refrain from including location data (EXIF GPS) in the images. Visitors to the site can extract location data from these images.
When you leave a comment on our site, you can choose to save your name, email address, and website in cookies for your convenience. This eliminates the need to fill in your details repeatedly, and these cookies have a one-year duration.
If you visit our login page, a temporary cookie is set to check your browser’s cookie acceptance. This cookie doesn’t contain personal data and is deleted when you close your browser.
Upon logging in, we establish several cookies to save your login details and screen preferences. Login cookies last for two days, while screen options cookies remain active for a year. If you select “Remember Me,” your login persists for two weeks, but logging out removes the login cookies.
Editing or publishing an article also results in an additional cookie being saved, indicating the post ID of the edited article. This cookie contains no personal data and expires after 1 day.
Embedded Content from Other Websites
Articles on our site may feature embedded content like videos, images, or articles from other websites. This embedded content behaves as if you visited the other website directly. These external websites may collect data, employ cookies, use third-party tracking, and monitor your interaction with their embedded content, especially if you are logged in to their website.
Who We Share Your Data With
If you request a password reset, your IP address is included in the reset email.
How Long We Retain Your Data
Comments and their associated metadata are retained indefinitely to facilitate the automatic approval of follow-up comments.
For registered users, we store the personal information provided in their user profile. Users can view, edit, or delete their personal information at any time, with the exception of changing their username. Website administrators can also access and modify this information.
Your Rights Over Your Data
If you have an account on our site or have left comments, you can request an exported file containing your personal data, including information you have provided. Additionally, you can request the deletion of your personal data, except for data we are obligated to retain for administrative, legal, or security reasons.
Where Your Data Is Sent
Visitor comments may undergo automated spam detection.
Information We Collect
- Personal Information: We may collect personally identifiable information that you voluntarily provide, such as your name, email address, postal address, phone number, and any other details you share when using our services or subscribing to our newsletters.
- Non-Personal Information: We may also gather non-personal information related to your interactions with our website. This includes technical data like your IP address, browser type, device information, operating system, and usage data. We collect this information through cookies, log files, and similar technologies. You can adjust your browser settings to reject cookies or receive notifications when they are used.
How We Use Your Information
- Provide and Enhance Services: We use the collected information to deliver and improve our services. This involves personalizing your experience, enhancing website functionality, and responding to your queries.
- Communication: Your email address may be used to send you updates, newsletters, and promotional materials. You can unsubscribe from these communications via the provided link in the emails.
- Analytics: Non-personal information may be utilized for analytics and performance tracking. This helps us understand how users interact with our website and make improvements.
- Legal Requirements: We may disclose your information when legally required, such as in response to a subpoena or government request.
Data Sharing and Disclosure
- Service Providers: Your personal information may be shared with third-party service providers who assist in website operation or provide services to you. These providers are contractually bound to maintain confidentiality and use your information solely for the purposes we specify.
- Aggregate Information: Non-personal information may be shared in aggregate form for marketing, analytics, research, or other purposes.
- Legal Compliance: We may disclose your information if we believe it is necessary to comply with applicable laws, regulations, legal processes, or to safeguard our rights, privacy, safety, or property.
We implement industry-standard security measures to safeguard your personal information from unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, no internet transmission or electronic storage method is 100% secure, and we cannot guarantee absolute security.
Our website may contain links to third-party websites, plugins, or services. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of these third-party sites. We recommend reviewing their privacy policies before engaging with them.
Wiki-profiles.com does not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If you are a parent or guardian and believe your child has provided us with personal information, please contact us, and we will promptly remove the information from our records.